Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First Blog...EVER

What is Bloggus herpetologicus

It is the blog of Griffin Capehart: young herp adventurist extraordinaire and future professor at some awesome university! That's not the greatest introduction, but you get the picture. I currently attend Ball State University and am studying wildlife biology and conservation. I hope to attend graduate school studying rattlesnakes or some sort of squamate preferably, but I would be happy doing anything herp-related. 

Enough about me though. This blog has been created for the sole purpose of talking about herps and why they're so awesome. Whether that be through photos, academic literature, movies, documentaries, or news stories. Hopefully, with the help of other herp blogs, we can shed light on these highly misunderstood creatures and inspire a healthy respect for them, instead of blind hatred. 


How can you not love that face? (Photo by Griffin Capehart)

So, if you like herps, or even if you do not, I hope you can find the time to read this blog even if it is only every once in awhile. Soon, I will post the first real blog. I would do it now, but I am not sure what I would like to talk about. I guess we'll just have to wait and see like the rattlesnake. 

Griffin
(I'm sorry if that last line was a really bad, corny joke)

No comments:

Post a Comment